HSP Digital is seeking a self-motivated, energetic Digital Copywriter to help fuel its future growth in its online fundraising division.
Primary focus is crafting direct response e-mail copy for a variety of conservative candidates and non-profit organizations, while managing multiple e-mail programs from idea conception to deployment.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Write effective fundraising e-mails that generate net revenue for our clients
- Write non-fundraising e-mails (ex. surveys, petitions, etc.) to activate supporters
- Generate new ideas and concepts to keep e-mail programs fresh, exciting and relevant
- Research, fact-check and edit own material for accuracy
- Know and understand conservative politics and each client’s mission and goals
- Study external work to learn industry best practices
- HTML email formatting, testing and deploying e-mail
- A self-starter with impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Willingness to put in extra hours at night and on weekends to capitalize on fundraising opportunities when they happen
- Professional curiosity to learn the nuts and bolts of direct response marketing
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong knowledge of politics and conservative ideology
- A positive attitude with outstanding communication and client relation skills
- Minimum 2-3 years of business success; writing and political experience preferred
- BA/BS degree; preferably in Political Science, English/Writing, Marketing or Communications
- Well-developed technical skills – Excel, HTML editing (Dreamweaver), Photoshop preferred but not required
Qualified candidates should submit cover letters, salary requirements, resumes and any recommendations to email@example.com with DIGITAL COPYWRITER in the Subject field so it does not get filtered out. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Why You Will Love Us!
HSP Digital is fast becoming one of D.C.’s most trusted fundraising and advertising consulting agencies. Our clients are think tanks, political candidates, action groups, and non-profits that all gather around common political issues like national security, police defense, treatment of veterans, and economic freedom. Everyday we get to improve the world around us by helping our clients raise millions of dollars to fulfill their uplifting political and charitable missions. Our team loves what we do and it shows in our work and high client retention rate.