HSP Direct is seeking a Campaign Staff Accountant in our Client Accounting department to assist our Political Candidate Clients. This position reports to the Director of Campaign Fundraising and VP of Administration. In addition to a great salary and benefits, HSP Direct offers a collaborative and fun culture where talent thrives, career growth is nearly unlimited, and the ability to have a direct impact and involvement in some of the highest profile races during the 2022 cycle.
This position requires an attentive self-starter who will take ownership of assigned tasks and the challenges they present. It also requires someone who takes the initiative to identify problems or opportunities and address them. Top candidates will have experience and interest in political campaigns.
The Campaign Staff Accountant provides accounting support for the companies’ political clients. The Campaign Staff Accountant will compile financial reports for each client and work collaboratively with the various departments to ensure that bills are paid, and revenue collected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process accounts payable invoices – transaction entry and processing
- Process cash receipts – transaction entry and processing
- Monitor daily cash balance
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc client reports, including balance sheets and profit-and-loss statements
- Assist in preparation of internal reports as needed
- Assist on other projects as needed
- Provide client customer service
- Assist in identifying opportunities in the accounting systems to streamline processes
- Detail oriented, quick learner, who can work at an above average pace.
- Takes initiative to identify problems or opportunities and address them.
- Strong communications skills and analytical skills.
- Work collaboratively in teams.
- Able to provide excellent client service.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or with an accounting emphasis preferred.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in bookkeeping experience.
How to Apply: Please apply by sending resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.